White Elephant Gift Exchange - and Game!

For those of you in our little Poker League - here's the place where you can find updates!

Moderator: sandkid

sandkid
Site Admin

White Elephant Gift Exchange - and Game!

Postby sandkid » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:09 pm

We are hosting a White Elephant Gift Exchange on Saturday, Dec. 20th at 6:00pm. There are 2 guidelines for the gift you bring. 1) The limit on price is $10.00. No more than this! 2) The gift must be wrapped, or in a gift bag that hides the gift inside.

The gift can be a gag gift, or something that you really don't want to see under your own tree. This is what makes it fun - being able to unload the truly most outrageous gift. Feel free to laugh and joke about the gifts.

If you have never been to a White Elephant Gift Exchange, this is how it goes. Everyone draws a number. That is the order for getting gifts. #1 will get the first gift. They open it in front of everyone. They then take their seat. #2 has the option of "stealing" the gift from #1, or getting their own gift. After they are done, they sit down, and #3 takes his/her turn. A gift can only be "stolen" twice. After that, it is considered "dead" and cannot be stolen. You cannot steal back the gift stolen from you This continues until everyone has had a turn to get a gift.

After the Gift Exchange, we will host a $10 buy-in, No-Limit Texas Hold'em game. Feel free to bring something to eat or drink. If you want to share, all the better!

*** Update: Because the weather will still be cold and roads may be hazardous, I am offering to pick up and take home anyone that isn't comfortable driving. Most of you know that I have a 4x4 king-cab pickup. I can carry a total of 6 people legally (counting me). I can haul more people if they are smaller.... You should let me know as early as possible so I can plan my trips - I can start picking up people as early as 2pm. My last pick up time will be about 5:30, so I can make it back to the party.

Chief Joseph
Sandtot

Re: White Elephant Gift Exchange - and Game!

Postby Chief Joseph » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:17 pm

Merry Harassmas,

1 for the money

two to show

3 to be ready

4 we'll go.

J & M N

Be there by 6 PM

Frank
Sandtot

Re: White Elephant Gift Exchange - and Game!

Postby Frank » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:25 pm

put me down for 2. Larissa and I will be there.

Return to “Wes's Texas Hold'em Info & Stats”